rear disk brakes

do i need any special tools to change the rear pads. i dont know all about the e brake stuff back there. any help would be appreciated, think 'geo,

I just replaced my rear brakes and found a pair of linemans pliers worked to take off the shoe keepers (regular pliers would work just as well) and a pair of needlenose pliers took care of the springs (spring pliers just did not have enough room to work) just make sure to put everything back in the right place
Sorry, I just saw the "disk" in your post. If they are the same as the front there is only a couple of bolts to take out and then compress the cylinder. they will then just unclip off of the caliper for replacement.
For rear disc brakes; the piston in the caliper will need to be turned, (not pressed) back into its bore using a tool (available at most part stores) that will fit onto the piston notches, allowing you to turn the piston.--J
geo wrote:

Wrench007 via CarKB.com wrote:

thanks, i'll get one .Geo.