Rear Wiper on 96 Grand Caravan

My rear wiper has a mind of its own. I'll be driving along and it will do one or more wipes without any buttons being pushed. This also happens sometimes when I start the car.
The rear wiper buttons function well to engage the wiper function, but not necessarily to disengage it. Can anyone give me insights on the diagnostic procedure for the rear wipers? TIA
While I can't give you any major help, it sounds like your problem would be with the "park switch" that is internal to the wiper motor itself. Basically this tells the motor when to stop (when the wiper is all the way down in the "park" position.) If this switch is going bad, or perhaps if the wiper motor is binding on something and not completely reaching the park position, this could cause problems like you are experiencing...
While not a solution, hopefully it will give you a better idea of the most likely cause of your problem.