Removing windshield decal

My Caravan has a large banner-style decal across the windshield which I plan on removing and replacing with another. I expect there might be a fair amount of residual adhesive to be
eliminated when prepping the surface for the new decal. Anyone know what would work best for this? Or is just plain Windex as good as anything. When I bring it into the shop for this I want to make short work of it. TIA

Sharp razor blades will scrape it off
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 02:36:01 -0600, James Goforth wrote:

1. Scrape with knife/razor 2. Use "Goo-Gone" liquid to remove residual adhesive (available in hardware store, wal-mart, etc, and not expensive). 3. Use Windex to remove the citrus-oil leftovers from the Goo-Gone.
Seriously, this Goo-Gone is wonderful stuff.
Linux Registered User #327951
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...