Repair and parts manuals

I have owned a 1999 Dodge Intrepid since it was a new car. I bought a hard copy of the parts manual years ago for about $100. It is incomplete and Dodge wants me to pop for another hundred for a supplement. I am thinking of buying a new car and wonder if there are any manufacturers who make repair and service information available to owners on CD's or dvd's. If all else fails, I will look for a restored pre computer car. Suggestions?? I am not interested in buying another disposable, un repairable car.

Reply to
Usual suspect

Yeah, All of them.

If all else fails, I will look for a restored

And dopey theories aside, new models are dramatically better in reliability and longevity than the "good old days".

Reply to
Tony D.

The Dodge Intrepid has been the most reliable and dependable car I have ever owned. It also came close to being an orphan like the Studebaker Golden Hawk I once owned. Been there, done that. Without service information any machine can become a throw away piece of crap when it stops working.

Reply to
Usual suspect

The "orphan" would have to be supported by the mfg for 10 years after production ceases. And a unit produced in Intrepid volumes would have

3rd party parts support for years after that. Beyond that it might be time to throw it away. Full manuals many times run $300 or more, but many forums have the cd contents available to d/l.
Reply to
Tony D.

At one time it WAS a requirement that parts be made available for X number of years, but that ended somewhere in the late sixties. And for an "orphan" that wouldn't matter anyway - the manufacturer is no mor, parts availability is no longer the manufacturer's responsibility.

Reply to
clare