Replacing a window motor

Ugh! My wife's '99 Neon is suffering from a burned-out motor, presumably, in the passenger front door. Are they a bear to replace? I'm handy at car stuff...once replaced the motor & belt on an old Caravan. Should I
scavenge from a boneyard or stop by the dealer? Thanks!
"TomNoller" wrote in message: "Ugh! My wife's '99 Neon is suffering from a burned-out motor, presumably, in the passenger front door. Are they a bear to replace? I'm handy at car stuff...once replaced the motor & belt on an old Caravan. Should I scavenge from a boneyard or stop by the dealer? Thanks!'
Are you sure it is the motor and not the switch? There catalog list two different motors for a 1999. One is for teh right and it list 124.00 and the left at 143.00. This is list so it can be obtained a little cheaper.
Sarge
Pretty sure it's the motor. Window won't budge using both switches, at the drivers side and passenger's.

Hell, that could mean that the power to the motor came unconnected...
Go to a boneyard, tear down a door and grab the motor and lift assembly. Should cost you all of $15.00. You'll get an idea for how the part is removed and re-installed, and you'll be able to use it as a diagnostic swap-out if nothing else.
Raymond Sirois KU2S SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS 607-733-5745 telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000
Thanks guys, will do!