security alarm (factory)

Now that I got a upper console installed, that was the easy one, I want to try something else. I would like to have the factory alarm. I'm thinking maybe I just need a black box or something that can plug right in. I already have keyless entry. Does anyone know where the theft alarm stuff is so I can look for a connector ? Has anyone done this before ?

Reply to
Tim

I don't know what vehicle you have but the kit does caome with a wiring harness and black box. And 9/10 times you still have to splice at least a couple of wires. The kit is mostly plugged into the wiring harness in the sterring column. IT is not added to an unused port under the dash. It fits into the harness by disconnecting the current harness and adding in the alarm harness.

Reply to
harts

Sorry about that. It's a 97 Grand Caravan Sport. Do you know where I can get that kit ?

Reply to
Tim

You will have to call a Dealership. The problem with a 97 is that it is kinda old for there to be an alarm kit around for it. Mopar likes to purge accessories for vehicles after 3 years as there is little chance of customers purchasing for vehicles over that age. The parts department would more likely have to contact Mopar headquarters and they will have to see if a new model alarm system will fit in your vehicle. It isn't so much the Computer/ controller part of the Alarm, but the wiring harness itself. They will have to see what one would be best for your vehicle. And then there will probably have more cutting and splicing for your vehicle. I needed a new Alarm controller for my wifes vehicle which was a 98 Convertible, and I had to get an alarm system for the 05 Jeeps. But it was the controller I needed and it was the same, so I plugged it directly in.

Reply to
harts