Service Engine Soon

Hi All;
My 1998 Caravan fan belt slipped off when I hit some water in the road. Not knowing it was off until I noticed the motor heating up. Parked it until
the next day. Replaced the belt and thought it was alright. Next thing I see is SERVICE ENGINE SOON light. It stayed on and will not go out. What is wrong and what can be done about it?
Buster

"Buster" < snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:J6E0g.16440$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net...