Should I take this back to the shop? Serpentine belt - 98 Caravan

Hi,

In mid-Ferbruary 2008, I had a serpentine belt replaced as well as a tensioner at a local auto repair shop here in Cleveland, Ohio. I have a 1998 Dodge Caravan SE, 3.3. Two weeks later, the belt loosened, but didn't fall completely off. I was lucky enough to be able to carefully drive my Caravan back to the shop. They fixed it for free. I assume they didn't put it on right the first time, maybe not enough tension on it.

I just had the hood open yesterday to do my weekly maintenance, such as checking the fluids, etc., and I seen the belt as it is in the picture linked above. Must be one bad spot that aligned itself up just right this time that I can see it. Is this worth a trip back to the shop, or is it not bad enough to worry about? Looks pretty impressive to me, and I can even see what looks like a slight crease across the belt.

I have a hunch they put the same belt back on that just came loose, that got damaged when it was coming loose.

Thanks.

PS Sorry if this posted multiple times, I wasn't happy with the image link and tried to fix it, and remove the posts from Google Groups, but I don't know if it removes from other sources.

Reply to
dke3591

IGNORE above post - problem solved. I'm using my other computer, so my account name won't match up. Sorry for the repeats on this post, guess nuking it from Google doesn't really get rid of it.

Reply to
DK1000