"Slightly Damaged" 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8

CarDomain http://xrl.us/bed7us
eBay auction page: http://xrl.us/2009Challenger
Hmmm, wonder how this happened. Think it was a test drive gone terribly wrong, or did someone back into it? The whole
thing seems a bit fishy. If it only costs $2,300 to $2,800 to repair, as the dealer claims, why dont they do it themselves? If it has a salvage title, why isnt it being auctioned off from the insurance pool? From the pics it looks like the rocker panel is bent along with the damage to the door and both quarters. Think its worth $24,000+ with a salvage title and no warranty?

That is weird. I have to wonder if a "lot boy" or sales person took it out to see what it could do, and wrecked it.
Or maybe the auto transporter was careless when it was unloaded from the truck. That happened once at the AMC dealer where I worked.
It says that the ins. company purchased it. I can't see why they would have done that unless it was a total. Doesn't look like a total to me.
I think that Chrysler will not warranty a savlage titled car, so that is probably why there is no warranty. Gonna be a tough sell for a new model with no track record yet for reliability.
-KM
The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 05:55:51 -0800 (PST), "Pete E. Kruzer"

It was locally advertised for sale - someone likely grabbed it. Looks like whatever hit the door pushed it sideways into a post or something. Almost looks like someone backed a towmotor into it???????
In article

Something happened - "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."