Spiral Core Spark Wires-3.3l Dodge

Would there be any problems encountered as a result of swapping out the factory suppression wires for a set of quality spiral core spark wires. I'm looking to maximize performance and MPG's Thanks ~Chris~

Reply to
Chris

If you think it would maximize performance dont you think the manufactures would be putting them on cars now???

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

LOL!!! Good one!

Reply to
Dan C

Chris, You posted a question in here and I replied. Why not finish up with your post in here instead of sending me an e mail. Im sorry to have hurt your feelings in anyway but that recent reply that i posted was my answer and not intended to degrade or hurt you in any way. I do not work for the corporate. I work for a dealership

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech (dealer not corporate)

Your reply

I have read so many intelligent and helpful responses written by "maxower" that I'm stunned by the recent reply posted to my question. I wouldn't have expected a "corporate bla-bla" answer from a newsgroup participant who has demonstrated himself to be knowledgeable. Of course Chrysler or any other auto manufacturer might choose not to employ a particular component or technology for a variety of reasons, even if there are potential benefits. I am educated and experienced as both an industrial electrician and electronics technician. Physics proves that there would be an electrical advantage to spiral core wire simply due to the superior conductivity of the metallic core of the spiral type wire. Can you provide an answer based on scientific facts as to the difference in spark quality and combustion efficiency between spiral core and carbon-impregnated core ignition wire? I'd be grateful to you if you would explain to myself and to the group if there are advantages to installing spiral wires to replace suppression wires that have been in service for five years.

----- Original Message ----- From: "damnnickname" Newsgroups: alt.autos.dodge Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:11 AM Subject: Re: Spiral Core Spark Wires-3.3l Dodge

manufactures

Reply to
maxpower

Max, check your facts. The VAST MAJORITY of original equipment wires today, world wide, are spiral core, or magnetic suppression wire. They do NOT make much difference in performance or economy over carbon wire in good shape, but they DO last much longer.

I, as a licenced mechanic, have been installing these wires regualrly since the early seventies when the "silver beauty MSW" wire first came available. It is fantastic stuff, about the same price or less than most OEM sets these days. OEM on my 94 Pontiac was spiral core.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Im not going to get into one of these debates. I did not state a fact, Do you no a fact from an opinion? I said.... "If you think it would maximize performance don't you think the manufactures would be putting them on cars now??? "

meaning (quality) spiral core spark wires.

The wires they are using on today's 100K maintenance free vehicles are lasting just that. 100k!! so in my opinion there isn't a problem with the wires Chrysler uses.

Reply to
maxpower

Have you checked to see if Chrysler isn't using spiral core wires? If they are not, they are in the minority. That's all I was saying. I also said performance improvement would not be one of the main reasons.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca