Spiral Core Spark Wires-3.3l Dodge

Would there be any problems encountered as a result of swapping out the factory suppression wires for a set of quality spiral core spark wires. I'm looking to maximize
performance and MPG's Thanks ~Chris~
If you think it would maximize performance dont you think the manufactures would be putting them on cars now???
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:11:50 -0400, damnnickname wrote:

LOL!!! Good one!
Linux Registered User #327951
Newsgroups: alt.autos.dodge Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:11 AM Subject: Re: Spiral Core Spark Wires-3.3l Dodge

manufactures

Max, check your facts. The VAST MAJORITY of original equipment wires today, world wide, are spiral core, or magnetic suppression wire. They do NOT make much difference in performance or economy over carbon wire in good shape, but they DO last much longer.
I, as a licenced mechanic, have been installing these wires regualrly since the early seventies when the "silver beauty MSW" wire first came available. It is fantastic stuff, about the same price or less than most OEM sets these days. OEM on my 94 Pontiac was spiral core.

Im not going to get into one of these debates. I did not state a fact, Do you no a fact from an opinion? I said.... "If you think it would maximize performance don't you think the manufactures would be putting them on cars now??? "
meaning (quality) spiral core spark wires.
The wires they are using on today's 100K maintenance free vehicles are lasting just that. 100k!! so in my opinion there isn't a problem with the wires Chrysler uses.

Have you checked to see if Chrysler isn't using spiral core wires? If they are not, they are in the minority. That's all I was saying. I also said performance improvement would not be one of the main reasons.