stalling

I have a 1996 Dodge Neon 2.0 sohc with 114,000 miles. Lately it has been running pretty bad. It runs fine for about 20-30 miles then it will start
to sputter and jerk then stop. After a few minutes it will start again and do the same thing. What could my problem be? Fuel filter? thanks for any advise given.
Well until you get better advice, .... my 2 bits worth.
If it is anything like my caravan, it could be the fuel pump in the tank dieing. I packed around a 2x4 and smacked the underside of the tank when it died. It then started like a charm. Mechanic then knew it was the pump, of course submerged deep within the tank.