start problem 1993 intripid 3.5

not starting consistently hooked up my genisys scan tool did'nt get no codes. hooked up fuel pressure guage with bleed valve.slow to get fuel pressure but car started fine this time.I now have 45 psi with car running
I opened the bleed valve and psi dropped to 0 and I get just a trickle of fuel but the car still running in fact I can rev it up. I change filters once a year. How can this be possible for the car to run on basicly no psi. I've wondered if the pump is weak or a problem with the filter also its about -13 F any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeremy