Starting problem

I inherited a 1999 Cherysler LHS. It has been working ok for a long time.
But, today.
I drove about 6 miles and stopped for awhile to visit.
I got back in and hit the key, it started nd then quit.
I started it again and then it died again.
I put it in nuteral and gave it some gas and it started and revved up and then died again.
From then on, the starter wouldn't even click.
I loaded it on a trailer and brought it home and checked the battery and it was up and the load test showed it ok.
Everything electrical works except the starter.
Is there a fuse?
Any help greatly appreciated. I would n't have asked on here except there isn't a chrysler news group.
George Ewart wrote:

If the car uses a transponder key and something is wrong it will only run seconds before the security system shuts it down. If it doesn't start with the other key, unhook the battery for a few minutes and try again.
Now that seems plausible. The previous owner lost the other key, SO, I will try to disconnect the battery for awhile. I did notice the battery is under stuff, in front of the right front wheel and goes under the head lights. I wonder why they just didn't put it in the trunk. Thanks for the tip.

Hi!

More likely a fusible link, something that goes "inline" with the battery lead. They're used on high current circuits.

Sure there is. rec.autos.makers.chrysler
William