STEERING PUMP CHANGEOUT

I have an 03 (3.3Ltr) grand and the steering pump sounds like it is getting ready to let go. Can the pumps be changed out on the 03's without the use of
any special tools. I hear that on some of the vans, depending on the year, you have to tilt the engine slightly to get them out. I did change one out on my old 86 grand with pretty much no problem but this 03 is a whole different beast under the hood.
Bill

getting
of
That would be a tough job to do without having the vehicle in the air. Make sure the system is full and have all air bled out before replacing the pump. If the system gets low, it will cause a horrible noise. If it is low find the leak, normally the inner tie rod seals or the cooler hoses under the vehicle
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech