stereo question

If I were to buy an in-dash cd player for my car, and it had 50 watts per channel into four channels, but I only wanted to use my 2 rear speakers:
Could I run the front AND rear output wires of each channel to each speaker thereby having 100 watts into each rear speaker? IOW, the outputs for the left front and rear speakers both going to the left rear speaker, and same for the right.
I dont think in-dash player are bridgeable. You would have to use it as is, front on front speaker and rear on rear speaker. Meaning that you would have to use the front speaker terminal for your speaker if using only two speakers. It been a while since I messed with a in-dash player, so it would be best to check your install manual or their website. But dont double up the wire for more power. What is the make and model of the unit
Gomer Einstein wrote:

Unless you want to buy a new stereo every 2-3 weeks....
The outputs are NOT additive. You'd be shorting the output transistors together and backfeeding the voltage to where it should not go.
If you want more power, buy an amp.
I wouldn't be doing it for more power. I'd just rather use the two rear speakers only and thought the 50W available for the front two speakers would then be "wasted". I'd have that 50 per channel not being used. IOW, you're saying that that the only way to utilize the front 50W is to install front speakers, otherwise I have something I'm getting no benefit out of?

I lost track of this post. Soory it took so long.
No, you will gain nothig and cause a whole lot of damage to your stereo.
You don't NEED to use the front speakers, simply look at the color coding, pick off the four wires for the rear speakers and connect those as required, and clip the front wiring or tape them so no bare wire is exposed.
If it were me, I would install the front speakers, or add two more in the rear. I like it LOUD!!!!