Strange 2003 Intrepid electrical problem

Some work was done on our Dodge Intrepid which required pulling the dash. Later we started experiencing a strange problem where the power to the dash, the A/C, and even the power windows would go completely off. The engine usually would keep going. If the car was off to begin with, then it would act as if the key was not being turned to start the engine.

Also, the brake lights would sometimes stay on after turning off the engine and power. We had the brake light switch replaced but that didn't fix the problem, so I am guessing these two electrical problems are related.

Anyone familiar enough with this car to have any ideas on how to fix it?

Reply to
Michael Cecil