stratus 2L manual

For a number of years now, our engine has been acting up and no one (4 garages now, 2 of them Chrysler) has been able to figure out what's wrong so I thought that I would throw it out there and see if anyone else has or had same problem and if they managed to do anything about it. In lower gears, although it has started doing it in 4th now, because it is getting worse, the engine pulsates which creates a light jerking action while running at speed, it disappears while accelerating nd deccelerating. When we stop at lights or signs it will sometimes almost stall then rev up quickly to 1500 then drop back to 750 idle. It keeps turning the "check engine" light on and off also. It does not affect the car on the hiway powerwise or the fuel economy either but it is very irritating and worries us as to whether it will just stop one day leaving us stranded somewhere. If anyone has had a similar experience with the 2 L engine be it in a stratus (or the like) or a neon, I would really appreciate hearing from you. No one here seems to know what they are doing and all they do is reset the "check engine" light which does nothing but give us a clear dashboard. Thank you if you can help. Keith

Reply to
Keith Porter

You want help on a problem but you don't post what the fault code was?????

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower