Stratus engine stutters

My friends 2002 Dodge Stratus, engine stutters at high speeds, 40mph or more, when applying the brakes. I posted a message a few days ago saying that the engine stuttered at low
speeds. I was wrong. It's at high speeds. Apply the brakes and the engine shakes. Any ideas? Thanks again.

cylinder misfire? is the check engine lite on?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
check the motor mounts
Howard Mora wrote:

HMMMM...if the engine stutters when the brakes are applied, then you must be accelerating, and braking simultaneously. Sounds to me like you have a brake problem, and a rotor or rotars needs turning. D
bingo....warped rotors.