Stupid oil leaks ARGH

The rear main oil seal on my car went, so after a big involved task of replacing that (along with the clutch components because they were on their last legs too) and finally resealing the oil pan, I changed my filter, refilled the oil, started the car, and let it run for a minute. Afterwards I found a pool of oil underneath the oil pan. Guess which side it was on... of course the transmission side. I haven't taken a look to see if it's coming from the oilpan itself or above it, because I was exhasuted and sick and feeling upset that it would still leak

The reason the oil pan came off was because I couldn't get the oil seal retainer back on without loosening it. The gasket between the retainer and the oil pan was also replaced. RTV was put on the ends of that gasket, and all along the mating surfaces of the oil pan, around the bolt holes, etc, and I put a little bit down into the round parts to match up to the retainer gaskets (of course I had scraped off the mating surfaces and wiped them off with varsol then wiped off the varsol first)

I really really need my car working soon...

Reply to
Phoebe

I guess I should mention that this is a 2.2 engine on an 89 Sundance with manual transmission

Reply to
Phoebe