switched tires and have a problem

i swithed from my stock rims from 17 to 18 inch tires too. had them balanced but get a rough ride about 65 to 70 do i need to have the car alined . the balace is good what should i don

olddog wrote:

There is more to vibration caused by a wheel assembly than balance (you can balance a square wheel).
Lower profile tires will exagerate a vibration in terms of feeling it in the car. That same vibration might have been there but not as noticeable with your old tires (or you might have just gotten a lousy balance job). 95% of the public won't notice or care about a less than perfect balance so the sloppy techs get away with sloppy balance jobs.
I would see if you can find a shop with a Hunter GSP Series Tire Balancer. It has a roller that can measure uneven forces in the assembly that are not due to balance. The link below has a locator service.
http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/search/findgsp9700.cfm