T&C electrical gremlin

I have a 99 Town and Country that is driving me crazy. When I put the key in the ignition and turn the key, the wipers do 2 complete revolutions and
then stop. Lights on the dash all come on, all else seems to work fine. I originally thought it may be the autostart but I turned it off, still does the same. I tried jump starting it and it would crank over but immediately would shut off. I even tried starting it in neutral, same results. Anybody have any ideas? Jim in Alaska

having starting problems?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
I am talking about starting my engine...... I do not have a clue as to why the wipers are turning on.
Jim

This could be due to a faulty connection at the battery, have you removed and cleaned the terminals?

What does this mean immediately? does it turn over slow? or just make a single click?

Thanks for your reply, I have checked the battery terminals, they are OK. No corrosion and tight. When the charger is hooked up, the engine started normally but then shut off seconds later. You can hear the fuel pump turning on so I am assuming it is ok.. Jim

maxpower wrote:

Welcome to the world of Daimler (chrysler is silent) electronics. The issue is most lilkely gunk in the wiper control assembly, located on fire wall in the wiper assembly cavity (drain assembly in front of windshield). If you take the assembly off and take it apart and clean the gunk out all should be normal (for a short period of time).
Bubba 1996 Caravan
thanks for the reply but the problem is not with the wipers, it just happens to cycle when I turn the key to start the van. The wiper switch is off, the van doesn't even turn over to crank the engine. My problem is that the van will not start, the wipers are the the confusing factor in this problem. Jim