tach gauge

This has probably never happened to anyone else but I'd appreciate any advice that anyone out there might have. My 2001 Dodge Caravan SE would not start without a boost yesterday and when boosted it did start but all the guages started fluctuating (jumping) wildly. The end result, after a lot of fiddling, was that I had a new batter installed BUT the wild jumping of the guages left the needle on the tach gauge on the WRONG side of the pin. So, the guage cannot work because the needle cannot get PAST the pin./ Does ANYONE know if the needle can be reached by taking off the plastic face of the dash (that covers the odometer, and other gauges)?? There are two screws at the top but...I wonder if half the dash has to come out to fix the damn thing. Any advice???? Dodger

Reply to
dodger

do a self test on the cluster assembly, holding the trip button down turn the key on for about 5 seconds and release the trip button , key still on and see if it goes back. This happens alot because the battery was no good.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower