The chief of police cars

Page 1 of 3
"The sporty upstart Dodge Charger is aiming to challenge Ford Motor Co.'s Crown Victoria as chief of police cars. Chrysler LLC's full-sized model that debuted in 2006 is no immediate threat to the Crown Vic or
General Motors Corp.'s Chevrolet Impala, the market's other major player, but the Charger is gaining momentum..."
Associated Press: http://snipr.com/1u9nj
so what. you have proved that even an idiot can cut and paste.

So What are you proving? That some idiots can't figure out how to use their "shift" key, or that some idiots don't understand "top posting" and why it is frowned upon???
STFU!
Some idiots can't tell about crossposting either... nor can they understand that the mere idea of bottom posting is about three parts retarded, anyway.... scrolling through line after line of stuff I've already read just to see that someone either says "me too" or whimpers about top posters.... If something in print offends you... stop looking at it.
Now... while this is still crossposted... can you tell if it's top posted or bottom posted?
But... Nomen is still the king of cut and paste, who really gives a shit drivel....
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:02:58 +0000, Jim Warman wrote:

A: Because it destroys the logical flow of a thread of comments, and makes it difficult to keep up with a conversation.
Q: Why do so many people object to top posting?
A: Writing your reply to a message above what you are referring to rather than below it.
Q: What is "top posting"?

Dan... if people were smart enough to begin reading at the BEGINNING of the thread, there would be no doubt regarding the topic and content of the thread. If we jump into the middle of of it, we will be subject to whatever editting, chopping and tinkering that any number of previous posters may have inflicted on previous messages... making whatever you have decided to read dubious as for value, intent, context and content.
In an ideal world (one where people read the whole sentence and actually followed the conversation) there would be no need for quoting any previous messages. Logical flow? I see little logic displayed by most UseNet posters to begin with... especially those that come up with lame excuses for top posting destroying "logical flow" . If you started reading the thread from the beginning, you would have a good undertsanding what the thread was about, you would be aware of any statements, misunderstandings or other conditions that generated any particular reply...
But you young'uns can be particularly lazy and prefer to have things handed to you so that you can react in wierd and wonderful ways.
Look at it this way.... I think you are a wiener.....
But who the fuck am I?
Should it really matter to YOU that I think you are a wiener?
To you, I am nobody... you don't know me and I don't know you (somehow, I find that comforting).... Deal with it, Princess.... nobody promised that you would be wise.
Now.... you are going to have to decide if THIS is top posted or not....
Correct answer is yes, it was top posted before I deleted the rest of the crap you should have already read.....
Explain that to me.... wiener....
never argue with an idiot. if he wins, what does that make you???
i guess it's time to add another person to the ignore list.
how does it make it difficult to keep up with a conversation??
i have already read what was posted. i know what you said, and am responding to it. i don't need to read it again, and again, and again.
also, why does everyone have to copy everything said before they reply?? i already read that stuff 3 + times

Bottom posting is fine when people delete the 3 pages of crap above their 'I agree'

I consider it funny how top posters rant on and on about pages of text with simple replies at the bottom, and then their posts contain the same pages and pages of dribble, with their replies at the top. As if there really is a difference...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

It amuses me when someone goes off on some rant about top-posting. The ONLY place that top-posting is loathed (or anyone actually gives a rat's ass) seems to be newsgroups. In business E-mail communication, the equivalent of top "posting" (ie writing your response to an e-mail chain above the quoted text) is BY FAR the most common method because a) it still preserves the whole thread of communication for reference, and b) the immediately relevant portion is the first thing you see without having to scroll through 6 weeks of prior discussion.
Note that I'm NOT top-posting here, because the quoted text has been appropriately trimmed rather than preserving the whole string (which would include Nomen Numbnuts original post, and that's something I refuse to do at any cost).
And by the way- since when is the Chevrolet Impala still any kind of real player in the police cruiser market? Since it went front-drive its been used for nothing more than public school campus police and city parking enforcement around here. The Charger 3.5L v6 HO is also faster than the Ford Interceptor v8, and the 5.7L Hemi v8 is finally back to the kind of performance you could expect from copcars in the big-block days, or the early 90s with the LT-1 powered Caprice.
<Snip>

Our Police fleet is composed of mostly Impala's. We even had the new Impala's before consumer's did. I guess it helps that we build them too.
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:31:00 -0600, Steve wrote:

"Rant"? Where?

Perhaps so. In case you didn't know, *this* is a newsgroup, not business email. So, your "argument" is quite irrelevant. Right?

And right there is the main reason why there's a difference. Most business email conversations don't go on for 6 weeks, or have more than a few (3-4) participants. Quite different than newsgroups. Right?
Right.

I didn't resort to being a sarcastic asshole, why is it necessary now?

Bringing it up at all is silly, IMO. My argument (no need to put it in quotes, it is a real argument not a metaphorical one) is that both methods have merit. Top posting is, for me, actually a lot easier to follow. I say that as I do the third option, which is to trim to relevant text while preserving attribution markers, and then intersperse comments as appropriate.

Actually, the business E-mails I am talking about may be added to for months and may have dozens of participants.
I think if there is a difference, its that all the participants always receive and look at all the business e-mails, whereas NG threads get glanced at by an ever-changing group.

To me, posting is like filing your records.. Some file most recent to the front, others prefer oldest to the front. Doesnt really make any difference at the end of the day, and it never really made any difference online either. Just a reason for some to become pedantic.
But as to the Dodge, recent reports that the Dodge line is one of the least dependable in the USA could wreck hopes that this product line will gain any significant use as police cars. If they are really "Dodge tough", fine, but this claim to durability does not seem to be true of late.
Neither the Impala or the Dodge have prove to be nearly as durable as the Interceptor

HLS wrote:

What the "Dodge line" rates is immaterial. The LX cars are relatively problem free and the 8cyl versions are "recommended" vehicles by CR. And while Toyota etc, may "win" the durabilty award, there ain't much of a difference in the domestic police choices.
What it come to "choice," eight out of ten certified police cars sold in the US and Canada are Interceptors. Dodge is a distant third after the Impala.

THHPPPT. Toyota durability my butt. Tell that to the folks whose Tundras have snapped camshafts :p
Out in the real world, I would expect pretty much any Ford, GM, or Mopar to match or outlast a Toyota. Especially the rear-drives like the Charger and Interceptor.