timing belt?

hello, I got my 98 stratus back from a shop and he can't tell me for sure what's wrong with it. he said when he test drove it the timing seemed to
jump on his scan tool. can a worn timing belt cause this and cause the car to back fire a little out the tailpipe after revving the engine? thanks Randy
Add pictures here
‚úĖ