timing belt 2000 Grnd caravan

trying to figure out when, if ever, to replace the timing chain on above vehicle. The Shop Manual is pretty informative rE; 3 L engines, but it does not specify when to replace or even inspect the 3.3L. Currently I have no problems with the vehicle, but am concerned whether I can confidently take it on a long road trip with 88K miles on it.

Is it possible the timing chain (it is a chain, not a belt) NEVER goes bad? An oversight in the manual? Suggestions?

TIA

Reply to
B&H

re: 2000 Grand Caravan...

trying to figure out when, if ever, to replace the timing chain on above vehicle. The Shop Manual is pretty informative rE; 3 L engines, but it does not specify when to replace or even inspect the 3.3L. Currently I have no problems with the vehicle, but am concerned whether I can confidently take it on a long road trip with 88K miles on it.

Is it possible the timing chain (it is a chain, not a belt) NEVER goes bad? An oversight in the manual? Suggestions?

TIA

If thats all you have on the odometer leave it alone. Normally the chain and sprockets get replaced when there is about a 1/4 inch play Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower