timing belt 2000 Grnd caravan

re: 2000 Grand Caravan...
trying to figure out when, if ever, to replace the timing chain on above vehicle. The Shop Manual is pretty informative rE; 3 L engines, but it does not specify when to replace or even inspect the 3.3L. Currently I have no problems with the vehicle, but am concerned whether I can confidently take it on a long road trip with 88K miles on it.
Is it possible the timing chain (it is a chain, not a belt) NEVER goes bad? An oversight in the manual? Suggestions?
TIA
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>re: 2000 Grand Caravan...</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>trying to figure out when, if ever, to replace the timing chain on above vehicle.&nbsp; The Shop Manual is pretty informative rE; 3 L engines, but it does not specify when to replace or even inspect the 3.3L.&nbsp; Currently I have no problems with the vehicle, but am concerned whether I can confidently take it on a long road trip with 88K miles on it.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Is it possible the timing chain (it is a chain, not a belt) NEVER goes bad?&nbsp; An oversight in the manual?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Suggestions?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>TIA</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>If thats all you have on the odometer leave it alone. Normally the chain and sprockets get replaced when there is about a 1/4 inch play</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Glenn Beasley</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Chrysler Tech</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=