to much gas in the intake plenum

i have a 91 ford explorer i am working on yea i know this is a mopar site and i am a mopar man but i am working on this explorer and it is filling up the plenum with gas any hint or idea what would cause this thanks

Reply to
truckdriver

Fuel injectors leaking?????

Reply to
jed

Is it throttle body injection?

truckdriver wrote:

Reply to
rjkfsm

=A0thanks- Hide quoted text -

the motor is a multi port injection and the fuel is running out the front of the top part of the intake is what i call the plenum and the gas went in to the cruise box i thought the fuel pump relay went bad to cause this but i am not sure

Reply to
truckdriver

Leaking fuel pressure regulator.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Concur

Reply to
rjkfsm

i fixed the regulator and now the check engine light comes on went i drive it 2 miles down the road and the code scaner found nothing wrong how weird the motor runs good and i can not for the life of me find what would cause this any help would be greatfull

Reply to
truckdriver

There are three different types of trouble codes;

1) Key on engine off self test codes 2) Key on engine running self test codes 3) Continuous memory codes

Make certain that both you and the code scanner are capable of extracting the appropriate one(s) you need.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

=A0 =A0thanks

i had advanced auto put there code scanner on it but i don't think the person who did the scan knew what they were doing the next step is my father in law he works for chrysler and may be he will find somethig he does not like fords at all and i don't blame him i am a mopar nut my self

Reply to
truckdriver

Did you by chance forget to change the oil???

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca