Tornado Fuel Saver

I was wondering is this product really somthing that could save you fuel and increase horsepower? Or is it a scam

fuel and

SCAM
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/auto_technology/1802932.html
-
not worth the metal its stamped out of

and
You go faster cause you have less money to haul around.

and
yeah I noticed, they are like 65 bucks at autozone.

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:12:56 +0000, Adam wrote:

I don't know about you, but I question the wisdom of putting something the equivalent of a super-thick tin foil or white metal in the stream of air running directly to the engine, with no filter to stop the debris when the blades break...
What was that loud noise I heard????
--
Have your Virtual Pet spayed/neutered!!

It makes little sense to insert *anything* into a closed-loop system and expect positive results, whether it turns into shrapnel or not...
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:14:45 -0500, daytripper wrote:

True.
I theory, it *should* work. The best way to increase HP is to increase the flow of air. While this does not necessarily *increase* airflow, it does create sort of a vortex effect, which should allow the air to move more freely into the engine.
The downside is the same as a 'perpetual motion' machine. There is no such thing. It takes energy to create energy; or a conversion of one form of energy to another. Since this gadget goes into the air stream after the filter, it is using the energy from the flow of air to spin it, and while the creation of the vortex may offset slowing the air down in the first place, I doubt it!
Best thing is to get an air intake; I put one on a Toyota Tercel for $75. Now, you may laugh at the idea of putting a Cold Air Intake on a car like the Tercel, but it got me 2 things: better throttle response from a dead stop, and about 5 extra MPG. It went from 39/40MPG combined, to 44-45MPG combined!
--
Have your Virtual Pet spayed/neutered!!

I wont laugh about you experiement with the Toyota, because I was told to do the same to this v6, take off all the air box, tubing and then put a K&N filter right on the throttle body, they said this would give me better response at high speeds, and more MPG, but I would have to install a fan on the computer in the drivers finder so it wouldnt over heat.

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:10:28 +0000, Adam wrote:

Hmmm...I don't understand about the fan...
But, you can get an intake made for this engine. You don't really want to put a filter right on the throttle body, since the idea is to get cold air to the engine, and this would bring warm air into the engine. Cold air is denser and the intake stuffs more air into the engine, resulting in a power increase.
Find a good mandrel-bent tube and filter set up; not only for the reasons above, but also from what you're describing, you're also eliminating the MAF sensor and any other sensors in the airstream, and the computer won't be able to function properly without them!

--
Have your Virtual Pet spayed/neutered!!

the
does
more
Not on any engine designed in the last 30 years. They all have the intakes designed to eliminate turbulant flow in the system. The vortex also doesn't help airflow because it actually slows tha air at the same time. They have been tested and proven to be junk.

such
of
the
while