towing with a Dodge Caliber

Hiya all,

In the UK and buying a Dodge Caliber with the 2 litre petrol motor and CVT gearbox. What are these things like at towing? Anything I should add (oil cooler etc) before I take the first trip down the motorway or is the car ok as it is?

Thanks in advance for any 'constructive' opinions.

m1

The maximum towing capacity for all Calibers is only 450kg (1000 pounds) so whatever you're dragging it better be light...

Reply to
daytripper

Thanx for the reply but is that weight for an unbraked trailer? I'm sure I read that it can take 1100kg for a braked trailer i.e a caravan (but I can't find that now!)

Reply to
m1