Transmission fluid leve light

My light comes on during startup to show that the bulb is working but then it goes out and stays out even if I pull the dip stick or short across the
plug.
I know it's supposed to come on when transmission fluid is low but noting I can do makes it come on.

What are you talking anout???? What lite???? what kind of car????