Tune-ups 2005 Grand Caravan and interior question

From what I've read in other places on the net, many people find the easiest way to access the plugs and PCV valve on the backside of the engine is to remove the upper intake manifold to make room to
work.
In contrast, I was able to find out that the books at the dealerships list removing and reinstalling the upper manifold a 2 hour job but a tune-up only a 1.6 hour job, leading me to believe there must be another, better way. Coming up from behind the engine seems a poor way to access the back plugs in this engine bay configuration, so I wonder if there is a good way to either "rock" the engine (3.8L), or to remove the plastic part over the engine but on the underside of the cowl, or if there is something I've missed?
What is the best way?
Also, I need to get the overhead console down, this model has the computer and the sun roof. What is the proper way?

The plugs are accessed from the top and reach behind the intake, a very east job. Once you reach your hand behind there you will see. The older vans were designed to have the wiper module removed to access them. I believe the over head console has one screw and it pulls down
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech