Turn signal problem Dodge Durango

Dodge Durango, about a 2002 model has a peculiar problem with the left turn signal. As a matter of record, the Right side works fine. On the left side, the "in dash" light blinks really fast, and we
thought that was an indication of a bad bulb somewhere on the left side. We had her turn on the left signal, and Front & Rear bulbs flash normally. The dash indicator flashes very fast. Turned on the Right side, everything flashes fine.
So now what? Replace the flasher?

Yes... I had a GM car that did that. Bulbs replaced, same problem. Replaced flasher, worked OK. WW