Turn signal question

My daughters Dodge Durango has started doing something unusual with the turn signals. I don't know the year, but suspect it's about a 2000 or so. For a right turn, the lights blink normally; outside F/R and on the
dash. For a left turn, the lights blink about 3 times faster than normal. All lights do work, F/R and dash, but just flash really fast. Ideas? Thanks

Had similar problem. New flasher unit cured it. WW
Make sure ALL of the bulbs are working. Fast flashing is a symptom of a bad bulb.
These flashers consist of a bimetallic element and the flash interval is controlled by the amount of current passing through the element. More current = faster flash. Insufficient current = no or slow flash. Normally this is a bulb failure, but check the bulb socket for corrosion shorts as well. Steve