Turn signal question

My daughters Dodge Durango has started doing something unusual with the turn signals. I don't know the year, but suspect it's about a 2000 or so. For a right turn, the lights blink normally; outside F/R and on the dash. For a left turn, the lights blink about 3 times faster than normal. All lights do work, F/R and dash, but just flash really fast. Ideas? Thanks

Reply to
Master Sergeant

Had similar problem. New flasher unit cured it. WW

Reply to
WW

Make sure ALL of the bulbs are working. Fast flashing is a symptom of a bad bulb.

Reply to
Ed

These flashers consist of a bimetallic element and the flash interval is controlled by the amount of current passing through the element. More current = faster flash. Insufficient current = no or slow flash. Normally this is a bulb failure, but check the bulb socket for corrosion shorts as well. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi