Underglow Trouble

I have underglow installed on my car but am having trouble with the wiring. First I ran the wires to the battery but they fried soo I hooked up an inline fuse. that works but not when I知 driving the car,
the fuse pops. I ran the wires to a battery in my trunk and that does地t even want to turn the lights on. The last thing I致e tried is hooking them up to the cig. lighter that worked for a little while but something happened and it does地t work anymore. I知 thinking about running them from the headlights and see what happens. I need help!! Can someone tell me what I can do?
"tuner98" wrote: "I have underglow installed on my car but am having trouble with the wiring. First I ran the wires to the battery but they fried soo I hooked up an inline fuse. that works but not when I'm driving the car, the fuse pops. I ran the wires to a battery in my trunk and that does'nt even want to turn the lights on. The last thing I've tried is hooking them up to the cig. lighter that worked for a little while but something happened and it does'nt work anymore. I'm thinking about running them from the headlights and see what happens. I need help!! Can someone tell me what I can do?"
First you need to make sure you have the wiring correct to the lights. Run positive from battery source to a proper size inline fuse, then to a switch. Then run to the lights. Make sure the lights are properly grounded. This should work without frying the wires. You may have burnt the lights if not properly hooked up.
Many cars and trucks have a place in the fuse panel block for hooking up auxiliary equipment. Run your power wire from the connection to you lights from there. Make sure to follow the instructions that came with the lights. Make sure your wiring going to and from the transformer is wired correctly.
Sarge
"Dan C" wrote: "Don't even get me going on the big rims craze... :"
Seen a Volkswagen Beetle puke green with low profile tires and the spinning rims. The tires and rims cost more then the car.
Sarge