Uneven Rear tire Wear - 89 Dodge Caravan

The REAR tires of my 89 Dodge Caravan have worn out VERY prematurely. We're talking UNDER 30K miles and both are down to the steel belt on the INSIDE edges
of BOTH rear tires.
This Caravan has a few more years to go, but I don't want to be changing rear tires twice as fast as the front.
Obvioulsy there is a problem with how to rear wheels are canted relative to the ground
What are probable causes and solutions

Something would have to be bent to cause that because there are no adjustments for the rear. Was this vehicle in an accident? Are you sure they weren't on the front at one time and got rotated? An out of balance tire will also cause this kind of wear. Along with tire inflation.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech