Unknown Module Found in Dakota - 2007 Dakota

I found a module under my left/rear seat that has a couple cables connected to it. It has the following numbers on top:
DELPHI DELCO ELECTRONICS P/N 28059907
TxxDR186650064 (P) 56043238AH
Anyone have any ideas as to what this module is? I was thinking it is my satellite radio option but can't say for certain.
I left out the year in my last post and by the time I saw it was missing I couldn't stop the sending of it.
satellite radio! Delphi makes units for Xm radio

I figured it was after doing more research. I hope its not going to be an issue when I pull it out when the "free" service I'm now receiving stops. I really am not interested enough in it to pay for the subscription. Besides, I could use the storage space under the seat that this thing now takes up. I will disconnect it this weekend and see what happens.
Thanks....

Colt & Brooke wrote:

Unless Delphi also produces units for Sirius?
I have the sane thing on my 2007 Nitro. Its a boxx that controls your satillite radio. Here is the web site: http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT 4&STORY=/www/story/01-08-2002/0001643692&EDATE

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:03:49 -0500, Abby.Normal wrote:

I wish there was a module in my Dodge to keep paint on.
LOL. That happened my last 2 Dakotas and I've seen it on a lot of others. The clear is so thin that its almost non-existent. The roof, just over the windshield, right? I overlook the paint failures for the rest. I love Dodge vehicles, don't get me wrong. Dodge doesn't seem to care about gas mileage or paint when they design. I guess if you have to cut costs somewhere paint would be it. It looks great for a couple years after the sale then goes to hell after that. The sale is done anyway. Still a nice vehicle - you just have to repaint it every so often. I am going to try waxing more often on my new one and see if that helps any. It is tedious work for a solution to what should have been done right beforehand but it may help it last longer.
I love the colors on the 07's. Mine is metallic-black clear coat (HA, clear coat - thin as hell on this one too). It is a beautiful color though and I love the way it drives. It floats. It doesn't have near the same power as the 5.2L but way more than the new V6. The new V6 feels like driving with the brakes on because of the lack of power. The 4.7L is a lot stronger but not strong enough. All in all, the new design is pretty nice. Go test drive one. Test drive the V6 and V8 both.

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:40:45 -0500, Abby.Normal wrote:

I currently own 4 Dodges (01 Intrepid ES, 02 Gr Caravan Sport, 05 Stratus SXT, and 06 Gr Caravan ES. Not one of them has had any paint issues, and they are rarely (if ever) waxed. Shrug.

Give them time and watch above the windshield where the roof meets it. I've had it happen to 2 of my Dakotas. I'm going to take precautions on my 07 Dakota

Perhaps it's a Dakota issue...?
My Intrepid is 6+ years old, and has spent most of it's life NOT in a garage... How much longer do you think I'll have to wait to see the problem? ;)

don't know how long. depends on where you live probably. I'm in Texas and the sun is relentless here in the Summer. My daughter's Neon is doing it too so it's not only a Dakota problem. My wife's 02 Intrepid hasn't started yet but I'm sure it will sooner or later.

Dan C wrote:

and the paint is perfect.
not true. if it were true then my daughter's 2000 Neon would be an exception. It too has the paint coming off the roof near the windshield. Clear coating is too thin and it's that simple.

Abby.Normal wrote:

I can't explain it then. My daughter's 2000 Neon ES (purchased in July of 1999) doesn't have any paint problems...and she has at least 120,000 miles on it.
Not a big deal to me anyway. I own 5 Dodges (one is for sale - 2000 Dakota) and I will continue to own them with or without paint problems. They are still by far the best vehicle on the road for the money even with paint issues. Not to mention leadership in style. All the others seem to copy the designs of Dodge because they know Dodge is the best. Since I can paint cars the paint problems are not that big of a deal anyway.

The NWO tracking device... quick, put it back before they discover your tampering!
;)
The rest are right... sat radio.

NWO - is that short for gestapo?

New World Order -- one of the whacky conspiracy theories out there.