Unknown Module Found in Dakota - 2007 Dakota

I found a module under my left/rear seat that has a couple cables connected to it. It has the following numbers on top:

DELPHI DELCO ELECTRONICS P/N 28059907 TxxDR186650064 (P) 56043238AH

Anyone have any ideas as to what this module is? I was thinking it is my satellite radio option but can't say for certain.

I left out the year in my last post and by the time I saw it was missing I couldn't stop the sending of it.

Reply to
Abby.Normal

satellite radio! Delphi makes units for Xm radio

Reply to
Colt & Brooke

I have the sane thing on my 2007 Nitro. Its a boxx that controls your satillite radio. Here is the web site:

J.F.

I figured it was after doing more research. I hope its not going to be an issue when I pull it out when the "free" service I'm now receiving stops. I really am not interested enough in it to pay for the subscription. Besides, I could use the storage space under the seat that this thing now takes up. I will disconnect it this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks....

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Except Chrysler product provides Sirius satellite systems, not XM. Unless Delphi also produces units for Sirius?

Reply to
jcr

I wish there was a module in my Dodge to keep paint on.

Reply to
scott

LOL. That happened my last 2 Dakotas and I've seen it on a lot of others. The clear is so thin that its almost non-existent. The roof, just over the windshield, right? I overlook the paint failures for the rest. I love Dodge vehicles, don't get me wrong. Dodge doesn't seem to care about gas mileage or paint when they design. I guess if you have to cut costs somewhere paint would be it. It looks great for a couple years after the sale then goes to hell after that. The sale is done anyway. Still a nice vehicle - you just have to repaint it every so often. I am going to try waxing more often on my new one and see if that helps any. It is tedious work for a solution to what should have been done right beforehand but it may help it last longer.

I love the colors >

Reply to
Abby.Normal

I currently own 4 Dodges (01 Intrepid ES, 02 Gr Caravan Sport, 05 Stratus SXT, and 06 Gr Caravan ES. Not one of them has had any paint issues, and they are rarely (if ever) waxed. Shrug.

Reply to
Dan C

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Perhaps it's a Dakota issue...?

My Intrepid is 6+ years old, and has spent most of it's life NOT in a garage... How much longer do you think I'll have to wait to see the problem? ;)

Reply to
Dan C

don't know how long. depends on where you live probably. I'm in Texas and the sun is relentless here in the Summer. My daughter's Neon is doing it too so it's not only a Dakota problem. My wife's 02 Intrepid hasn't started yet but I'm sure it will sooner or later.

Reply to
Abby.Normal

The NWO tracking device... quick, put it back before they discover your tampering!

;)

The rest are right... sat radio.

Reply to
jwardl

NWO - is that short for gestapo?

Reply to
Abby.Normal

I agree, it must be a Dakota issue. I have a 1997 Caravan (not garaged) and the paint is perfect.

Reply to
jcr

Reply to
Abby.Normal

New World Order -- one of the whacky conspiracy theories out there.

Reply to
jwardl

I can't explain it then. My daughter's 2000 Neon ES (purchased in July of 1999) doesn't have any paint problems...and she has at least

120,000 miles on it.
Reply to
jcr

Reply to