Valve Covers Leaking

I have a 94 Dodge Spirit with the 3.0 liter engine. The damn things leak like a dingy. I have changed the gaskets but no change. I did some research on the net and found that this particular engine has that problem.
I remember reading something somewhere (I'm still looking) about a kit that will help apply more equal pressure around the edges of the valve cover.
I have asked my local Dodge dealer about it and the guys there said they had never heard of anything like that. I am not sure if its just not a common problem or they have selectively forgotten that tidbit of Dodge knowledge in order to extract more of the publics money.
Any help would be appreciated.
"Techsource_Todd" wrote in message: "I have a 94 Dodge Spirit with the 3.0 liter engine. The damn things leak like a dingy. I have changed the gaskets but no change. I did some research on the net and found that this particular engine has that problem. I remember reading something somewhere (I'm still looking) about a kit that will help apply more equal pressure around the edges of the valve cover. I have asked my local Dodge dealer about it and the guys there said they had never heard of anything like that. I am not sure if its just not a common problem or they have selectively forgotten that tidbit of Dodge knowledge in order to extract more of the publics money."
I not sure about a kit but make sure when you put the valve cover back on, you tighten the cover by working in a crisscross pattern. If you just start on one end you will not have even amount of pressure on the gasket surface which will lead to leaks. Do not over tighten are you will smash the gasket. Make sure your valve cover is not warped.
Putting Permatex compound on engine and valve cover will help sometimes. I usually try not to use it unless I can not get the gasket to seal after proper installation.
Sarge

the covers back on the heads they really shouldn't leak, unless they are warped. as the last poster said, make sure you put a dab of permatex on the corners of the cam caps. The other thing could be, the head gaskets/cam seal may actually be causing the leak and a dye test would confirm that. If the leak is on the passenger side rear, I would look closely at the head gasket
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Just a note of caution: If you clean the surface of old gasket and stuff don't use a metel scrapper...use plastic or wood. reason...aluminum block.