van stalled and wont start after driving thru flooded street

97 dodge caravan with 3.0. My wife drove the van onto a flash floored street. Went into walmart no rain, came out FLOOD. All streets were flooded, dont know how deep but now the van wont turn over. Trying to start but just wont turn over. I suspect the fuel pump or something to do with fuel. but is not sure. Any ideas for anyone outthere. what would most likely go when hit by water. The water must have been high because i saw a rag hanging on the muffler pipe. The rain was so hard, and so fast that I saw water settled on top the power steering cap. I dont think the water was that high but I think it found its way in under the edge of the hood with wind force and the amount of rain.
Reply to
pchotspot

pchotspot spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

Probably dislodged your wife's tampon, and the tampon has now firmly clogged the tail pipe. Even worse, it's been sucked into the throttle body.

Reply to
Mhzjunkie

Teach your wife how to drive.

Reply to
Dan C

Why do you suspect something w/fuel system?

Probably water in the distributor; pull to inspect, then use WD40 to displace the water.

Reply to
Just Another

Reply to
pchotspot

Reply to
pchotspot

Who's stupid? Right there above, in your first post, you said: "My wife drove the van onto a flash floored street."

Now, disregarding the spelling error, it certainly appears that she drove

*INTO* the flooded street, not "trying to drive out of it". Right? Which is it? Can't read your mind, only what you write.

Who's the asshole now?

This part is certainly true.

Reply to
Dan C

Reply to
pchotspot

Reply to
pchotspot

pchotspot spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

rofl.....Easy little fellow, you'll bust a hose.

Reply to
Mhzjunkie

I'll just let your 4th-grade writing ability speak for itself as to who the ass is, you dumb f*ck.

Fuck off, and tell your stupid wife to do the same.

Reply to
Dan C

Reply to
pchotspot