vibration while accelarating from stop or speeding up?

I have a 97 caravan with 3.0 engine. The car vibrates when I accelarate hard or moderate from a standing stop or when I punch it from and on ramp or uphill. I have changed the shocks, link, cv-joint on the left side. First it seem like the noise was on the left side but it seem to be coming from SOMEWHERE in the front. I thought it was from the left because I was in the driver seat but when I sat in the pass. seat and my wife drove it seem not to be from the left but instead it seem to come from ALL-OVER the front.

I now suspect the HUD & Bearing, or Harmonic Balancer.

What are the symptoms of a problematic harmonic balancer.

and the symptoms of a bad hud & bearing

Reply to
pchotspot

If you power break it with out moving the vehicle does it still do it? (eliminating misfire from drivetrain). Have you rotated tires front to back to eliminate a bad cord in one of the tires? And if it is in the drivetrain take a good look at the right inner cv joint. if that joint is badly rusted up inside the boot or has play in it. it will cause a bad shake under a load and will go away as the load is gone.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I will try power braking it; did not try thay yet! I took a look at the right cv joint and it seemed ok. No shaking or rust, but I will look again. I am about to change all tires on the car so I would see what happens. my wife mainly drives the car so I hardly get a chance to be around it. I do drive my own 96 GC se with a 3.3L. I will try all the above this weekend and post the results. ANYMORE FEEDBACKS ARE WELCOME

Reply to
pchotspot

The right inner cv joint

Reply to