weird electrical problems on Grand Caravan

Hi - The passenger power window on my fiancee's Caravan stopped working a while ago. First it was intermittent, then it stopped working altogether. Fortunately it's in the "up" position. Now, she has
times where the radio, wipers, and driver's window(all on the same circuit) won't work. However, even when it stops while the car is running, they work with the key in the 'accessory' position. I don't *believe* this and the previous window problem are related. If the fuse was bad, then it wouldn't work at ALL. We had assumed that the passenger window stopped working because of a bad motor. That shouldn't cause a failure in the rest of the system, should it? Do all the symptoms put together add up to a specific cause? Thanks for any assistance.
Eldred

I think you probably have two issues going on here. I think the issue with the wipers working in "accessory" but not when the engine is running is an issue with the ignition switch. Among the various connections is a "master" power feed that turns the accessory circuits on (including radio, wipers, winodows, etc.). I have seen these switches go bat and require replacement. Once you fix that, then attack the passenger window issue. It could be a bad motor, switch, connection, etc. OR, if you hear the motor spinning, then the plastic "rack" gear for the window is broken or jammed.
Bruce

Thanks for the reply! I'll do some research on the ignition switch. As for the passenger window, we can rule out the 'rack gear' possibility. Motor didn't spin at all, no clicks of circuits, etc. When it was originally going bad, there were times where we could raise the window by 'helping' is as we hit the switch. Does that sound more like a motor that went bad, or could that have also been caused by a poor connection/switch?
Eldred
The window is a bad motor. We see it alot lately. Not sure of the year of your Caravan, but motor may come with a regulator assy. This would be better. as for the other, my first guess from where I can see it, is a bad multi function switch.

Duh, I'm sorry - 2001 Grand Caravan...

Multi-function, as in the accessory/ignition switch that was mentioned earlier?
Eldred
Multi function switch is the switch that has the w/wipers and turn signals under the steering wheel. and your 2001 is a regulator/ motor assy. runs about $135.00