Whine from power steering in 03 Grand Caravan

My stepdad drives an '03 GC with the 3.3L engine and 105xxx miles on it. Whenever it's running it emits a fairly constant whine that intensifies in volume when the steering wheel is turned either direction. I've also noticed that there's a little play in the steering wheel before the wheels actually begin to turn. It also feels like the wheels are harder to turn than they used to be. I've checked the reservoir several times and it's at the appropriate level. Sounds to me like the sound is coming from the power steering pump, but correct me if I'm wrong. Has anyone else had this happen?

Reply to
Mitch