Windshield washer pump

Hello group,

Got a 2002 Grand Caravan, and the front windshield washer fluid doesn't squirt any more. Rear window does. Checked fuse under the hood, and it's good. Did some looking around and it appears that the pump must be either in the fluid tank, or buried down in that vicinity somewhere. Does anyone know how to go about fixing this problem? Is it something I can do myself, or should I just take it in to a dealer? Any ideas what the parts (pump) will cost? Thanks for any help that you could provide.

Reply to
Roland Deschain

If you have 12 volts at the pump and a good ground when the switch is pushed. the motor is bad. very easy job

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hello Glenn and thank you for the answer. My problem is that I don't know where the pump is. Can you describe it's location? Is it actually inside the fluid tank? Once I can find it I will be able to check the voltage to it. Thanks very much.

Roland

Reply to
Roland Deschain

Yes in the tank

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

OK thank you for that. Sorry to keep bugging with questions...., but can you describe the basic process to remove/access the tank? Seems quite inaccessible right now... Or can you get at the pump without having to remove the whole tank? I appreciate your help.

Roland

Reply to
Roland Deschain

It comes out thru the splash shield at the tire

Reply to
maxpower

OK I'll give that a go. Thanks a lot.

Reply to