Wram Motor Won't Start

2005 Dodge Stratus 2.4 4 cyl. Auto Trans Sometimes, if you turn off the motor after it reaches running temperature, it won't start until you let it set about 15-30 mins. (Starter spins motor,
no fire at plugs) It will start after that. Sometimes it runs rough after it restarts, sometime it runs find. Sometime the "Check Engine Light" comes on after it restarts, sometimes the light does not. Sometimes the "Check Engine Light" flashes. Please tell me what you think could be the problem.... Thanks!
The first thing to do is find out what fault code is stored in the memory of the computer.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.dodge / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

O.K. I got a Code PO335

You have a crankshaft position sensor fault, The sensor could be bad or a number of other things from a shorted or open 5 volt supply from the PCM . Crank signal open or shorted. Faulty ground and so on. If you just wanted to take a pot shot at it, replace the crank sensor
Glenn
Thank you very much for your help!!

Let me know what you find

Got part, Dealer said Crank positioned senor was behind the power steering pump on the right side of motor, and I would have to pull power steering pump bracket. It took 2 hours to remove the pump and bracket, and the upper and lower plastic cover over the cam shaft belt. Could not find Crank positioned senor! Called a local garage, and was told the senor was on other side of motor, over the starter! It was there! Put part in, Started fine, Ran OK for 5 miles, then it cut off the Cruise Control by its self and motor started cutting out (Missing). I will try to get a new error code soon. Any Ideas?

It was the computer, it was replaced under warranty, car running fine now.
Thank you very much for your help!! Bruce

Cool
maxpower wrote:

Hope it's not like on my 1993 Nissan Altima. The crank sensor was part of the distributor and had to be replaced along with it. $500 for the distributor plus labor. The distributor seal had leaked allowing oil into the sensor. Where is the sensor in most late model Dodges or does it vary widely with different engines?

Depending on the engine application depends on where the crank sensor is located. Your lucky with you Nissan to get away with just a $500 distributor. The 2.5 Mitsubishi engine's( used on some later model Chrysler) distributor will run about $1300.00 for the part plus labor
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

It's a 4 door, I'm now getting an error code 0300 Could it be the spark plug wires? They look good and the problems comes and goes. It's starting fine now, just starts missing while driving. Thanks for your help Bruce