wrong ambient temperature sensor for the over head console

My Grand Caravan is 2002 model and has 85,000 KM on it.

I am having trouble with over head console temp readings, it is telling me 40 degrees Celcius while its snowing and windchill is of -10 degrees Celcius. Other thing that I observed that it is giving me wrong readings mostly in snow times when grill area is covered with snow.

But sometimes during summer also noticed the wrong temp readings, all other directions and milage odometer things are working fine for console.

Any idea? Can a layman fix this kind of sensor?

Thanks.

pilibangan

Reply to
pilibangan

Windchill has nothing to do with a temperature reading, if its 20 degress out and the windchill is -5, its still 20 degrees. There is a time factor of when the temp is updated, and if there is snow on the grill it will trap warm air and give a false reading.

There is no calbration setting on this but if you suspect it to be that wrong , replace the sensor, thats all you can do

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower