00 Durango rough idle/high oil presure/turn signal

I just got a 2000 Durango less then a week ago and notice a few little problems with it, first off, on cold starts it seems to idle abit rough intill I put it in drive and take off. Anther little thing I
notice is that the oil presure seems to be abit on the high side while driving, the gage would sit around the 3/4 mark, however when i stop and/or let the truck idel the gage would drop down to about the half mark(just above 40), then itll go back up to the 3/4 mark when I start driving again. Im not sure if this is normal since I never owned a truck this size. I have the 4.7L V8, auto tranny.
I am taking the truck back to the dealership to have it looked at, I just want to get a good idea of what is causing the promblem so I wont get screwed over when i take it in for service.
Now heres a dumb question, I have a turn signal bulb out on the pass. side in the front, what would be the easiest way to replace those bulbs. Theres two bulbs for that turn signal, the one closest the hood still works. and it can be replaced easily, now the one on the outside, the one thats out, I dont have enough room to pull the socket out of the lens. Any tips on replacing that one bulb?
Thanks! Ralph aka shaggszgn
Well the rough idle when cold may be either too rich or too lean, which they may have to reprogram the ecm. Really hard to say with out seeing the O2 sensor readings. As far as the oil pressure, factory gauges in anything are not really that accurate. You could find the oil sending unit, take it out, hook up a test gauge and see what the real pressure is. If the dealer is interested in really making you happy, that is what they will do. "High oil pressure" is not something that is complained about alot I'm sure, unless maybe they have alot of goofy gauges. I don't have any Durangos in my fleet, just 1/2 tons and Dakotas, but on the Dakotas that are very similar if not the same front end, you remove the whole light assembly for that side first. There is 3 10mm bolts. Two are on the bottom that you access through the gap in between the signal light and the bumper. The other one is on the inside between the radiator and the light behind a rubber flap. Then there is a little rubber seal like piece that squeezes out of the fender above where you took that last bolt out. It also has a little push in plastic pin that you pull out. You should be able to pull the entire light assembly out now with free access to both sockets. Hope this helps.

http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-00-Durango-rough-idle-high-oil-presure-turn-signal-ftopict122755.html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pY7127

Could be worn contacts in distributor cap. I changed mine along with coil and spark plug wires, and now it runs sweet as a nut when cold.
Peter
"Peter7" wrote: > > Well the rough idle when cold may be either too rich or too > lean, which > > they > > may have to reprogram the ecm. > > Really hard to say with out seeing the O2 sensor readings. > > Could be worn contacts in distributor cap. I changed mine > along with coil > and spark plug wires, and now it runs sweet as a nut when > cold. > > Peter
That is normal on oil pressure, do not bother checking it. It will generally reach it highest reading at 2000 RPM and above and some engines even new will drop as low as 15 to 25 PSI at a hot idle. Think nothing more of it.

Good luck finding the distributor cap on a 4.7L !! P.S. Coil on plugs