01 Dodge 1500 4X4 automatic transmission

My transmission is shifting roughly on the upshift, and does not downshift when slowing down. On hills I have to floorboard it to get it to downshift.
I borrowed a friends reader/scanner and got the following codes:
P17757 Governor pressure not equal to target at 15 - 20 psi
P1740 TCC or O/D Soleniod Performance
How serious are these problems, do they represent the need for a major overhaul or rebuild, or just repair and/or adjustment?
I am trying to determine if I can afford to have a shop repair it at this time or if I can safely delay repairs a few thousand miles.
Have you changed fluid and filter lately ?

Yes, transmission serviced about 5,000 miles ago.

Simple repairs... all done with the transmission in the vehicle, just need to remove the pan. The first thing I'd do is check/adjust the throttle valve cable. Then, if the problem still persists, I'd probably just swap out the governor pressure sensor and solenoid.
I wouldn't wait too long on getting the truck serviced... little problems with the transmission have a habit of turning in to much more involved (read: expensive) problems when ignored.
CaribooHarry wrote:

I had the same problems on mine. Solenoid was replaced. An hour or so labor I think plus cost solenoid, new fluid and filter. Don't recall cost but wasn't too bad.