01 ram 1500 4x4 clunking in front end

I can not seem to find what is clunking in the front end. I have looked and looked. The shifter linkage update has been done. The tie rod ends do move
freely. Is there any chance they are the problem? It sounds like bad sway bar bushings but they are tight. It only does it on bumpy roads. The truck tracks straight and does not pull. It has new shocks that are also tight. The ball joints are ok. The l-h side has a very small amount of movement. I am not really sure how to check the control arm bushings. Can they cause a clunking? Thanks Scott
I had the same sort of clunk you are describing and although my shocks appeared to be tight, I put my impact wrench to it and no more clunk. I'd double check those shocks. It may be another issue, but with you having new shocks, I'd suspect that area.
--
Laszlo Almasi

It was a loose nut on top. Thanks guy's

I've got a clunk in my '96 Dodge Ram and it does it when I start off. I had the same problem with a Ford once and after taking it to many mechanics and parts not needed, it turned out to be the driver's front spring had turned and was rubbing against the frame. I've got to check this truck for the samw thing.