02 Dakota AC/Heater - low fan air volume problem

My 92 Dakota AC will "blow your hat off'. It blows 2 or 3 times as much air as my 02 Dakota RT.
The 02 just does not have enough AC fan volume to cool the truck on a
85+ degree day. The AC output air is in the high 40 degree temperature range - problem is, there is just not enough of it.
My Son-in-law has 02 Dakota 4dr. His is a bit better, but nothing to write home about.
The controls all function normally, swapping to heat, defrost, floor air, etc. Fan runs at all speeds. Switching to MAX swaps the intake to the inside of the vehicle, but makes very little difference in the output volume.
Is this the nature of the beast(s) or do we both have a problem?
Anybody got any ideas??
Thanks in advance.
Gary G.
My 98 Ram QC, does the same thing, just a weak a/c system I guess,other than that, its been a great truck
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:55:38 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (el jr64) wrote:

We're just the opposite.... 99 Ram blows dust all over the truck, (QC), and the 01 Dak blows mildly on high and hardly any on the other settings.. They've both always been that way..
Maybe a quality control item?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing