'03 Dak A/C Drip In Interior

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

Heh, I do that a lot. It happens when you work from home.

Damn! I'd have thought you could see it with a light. I can see mine standing on the side with the light shining down behind the tranny fill tube. What's your firewall look like down in that spot where mine comes out? Maybe yours is in another spot?

It's steel, and the center has what looks like an insulated foil fastened to it, in the middle.. I'm guessing that it's a heat shield for the interior? It has a few bumps in it but appears smooth with no holes or hoses..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

My heat sheild is right below the tube. Any way you can sort of peel back the heat shield without damaging it to see what's behind it? If the tube's behind it, that might be part of the problem. At this point I'm grasping at straws here...

I think the heat shield covers too large an area to have the tube above or below it.. I'd maybe suspect the idea that it's behind the shield, except that it took 8 years for the problem to appear..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Joe wrote:

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. Do you get at it from underneath, from top, or are both ways just as bad?

items,
is
you
that
the

get

bad?
I can't see any way at all to get to it from underneath - looks like it's only reachable from the top. Here's a pic I just took:
http://tinyurl.com/d5rhn8
On Friday, April 17, 2009 5:53:34 AM UTC-6, Bruce Porter wrote:

the

re

, so

it's

ll it

that

rk or

. if

up

The 4.7 V8 does not have a drain tube that exits through the firewall. Beli eve it or not, there is no tube but you can free up a clog from the inside. It requires drilling a 1/4 inch hole in the drain (that was never connecte d to anything) and allowing the water to exit from the inside.
On Friday, April 10, 2009 9:03:42 AM UTC-6, Joe wrote:

Here,a picture of where the condensate drain should be on the 4.7 Dodge Its bull shit but it is what it is. https://www.google.com/search?biw 39&bihU2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q 03+Dodge+jeep+4.7+air+conditioning+condensate+drain+pictures
On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 12:24:50 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Our 2001 Dak with 4.7 has done this since we bought it in 01... We just put up with it now...

Mac, you've had that drip for how long? You know modern medicine has a cure for that. ;o)
How have you been, bro? How's the family? How is the southern climate/politics/locals treating you? Still living in your built-4-U house or have you moved on?
--

FMB
(North Mexico)

I'd love to drag my ass down there Mac, but she doesn't want anything to do with Mexico. Wait, maybe I should have formulated that sentence a bit differently. I did retire a year ago, put this place up for rent and traveled the states for 9 months in our Arctic Fox 5th Wheel. Came back family stuff and our renter got orders for Afghanistan, so we moved back in.
Glad to hear you are doing ok down there, let me know if you come up this way.
--

FMB
(North Mexico)
On Friday, April 10, 2009 11:03:42 AM UTC-4, Joe wrote:

Probably the drain. If it is outside low on the passenger firewall a narrow wire tie shoved in should do the trick.