03 Dodge Dorango transmission

I came real close to buying 03 durango 4wd v8 a/t. then about 3 people saying dont buy chrysler products there transmissions are n/g and poor design..whats up?and what is the problems or the truth??

Reply to
CATMAN1nh

I can't speak for others but my '02 Durango SLT+ has been nothing but sweet for me. I love it. The only thing I'd love more is a new Durango with Hemi but alas, can't afford it right now. Check Consumer Reports and see what they have to say.

In this case, its a bunch of crap. The Durango has a totally different transmission than the ones that despite being good, are claimed to be junk. The Transmissions that are rumored to be junk are the 42, 46,47R*.

The Durango has the 45RFE or the 545RFE.

Reply to
Max Dodge