04 cummins shudder

2004 2500 short box, quad cab, six speed, 4.10 rear Outside temp 25 degrees Truck fully warmed up after driving 30 miles home a freeway speeds As I entered our one mile long dirt driveway, the truck shudder as if I was in 5th gear at a low speed, while actually being in third gear. I put in the clutch, the truck continued to shudder until I came to a stop. Setting the parking brake I looked under the truck, thinking u-joints? Looked under the hood, idle was fine. It felt as if the entire drive-train was coming loose. Continued on to the house with a shudder effect the rest of the way. Parked in driveway, crawled under truck, checked for loose driveshaft etc. Went in the house, made sure my triple AAA was up to snuff, in case of needing a tow in the morning. The next morning, set off for work expecting the worst. Nothing, nada, zilch. Dropped it off at the dealer, with the above explanation. They put it on the lift, drove it etc. Nothing. No fault codes, no TSB's were found. Any other Cummins owners experienced ANYTHING like this? Thanks

Joe

Reply to
Dimbo Spams

Rickshaw

Well, Joe. You are not getting much response from your post. I have a

1997 2500, so what I suggest may not apply to your machine.

Does your truck have a locking differential? Mine does and sometimes will make a slight shudder, as you call it, when I make a turn at slow speed. If your driveway is curved all the way, this may have been what you felt. If not, then my explaination is not your answer.

Let us know what you find.

Paul

Reply to
pdrahn
[...]

[...]