04 cummins shudder

2004 2500 short box, quad cab, six speed, 4.10 rear Outside temp 25 degrees Truck fully warmed up after driving 30 miles home a freeway speeds As I entered our one mile long dirt driveway, the truck shudder as if I was in 5th gear at a low speed, while actually being in third gear.
I put in the clutch, the truck continued to shudder until I came to a stop. Setting the parking brake I looked under the truck, thinking u-joints? Looked under the hood, idle was fine. It felt as if the entire drive-train was coming loose. Continued on to the house with a shudder effect the rest of the way. Parked in driveway, crawled under truck, checked for loose driveshaft etc. Went in the house, made sure my triple AAA was up to snuff, in case of needing a tow in the morning. The next morning, set off for work expecting the worst. Nothing, nada, zilch. Dropped it off at the dealer, with the above explanation. They put it on the lift, drove it etc. Nothing. No fault codes, no TSB's were found. Any other Cummins owners experienced ANYTHING like this? Thanks
Joe
Join the TDR. Do it now.
Dimbo Spams wrote:

Well, Joe. You are not getting much response from your post. I have a 1997 2500, so what I suggest may not apply to your machine.
Does your truck have a locking differential? Mine does and sometimes will make a slight shudder, as you call it, when I make a turn at slow speed. If your driveway is curved all the way, this may have been what you felt. If not, then my explaination is not your answer.
Let us know what you find.
Paul
Probably not this.. don't know if they are still doing this... I had a truck with a 2 piece rear shaft... when there was a load on it would shudder from a stop...
<DIV>2004 2500 short box, quad cab, six speed, 4.10 rear</DIV> <DIV>Outside temp 25 degrees</DIV> <DIV>Truck fully warmed up after driving 30 miles home a freeway speeds</DIV> <DIV>As I entered our one mile long dirt driveway, the truck shudder as if I was in 5th gear at a low speed, while actually being in third gear.</DIV> <DIV>I put in the clutch, the truck continued to shudder until I came to a stop. Setting the parking brake I looked under the truck, thinking u-joints?</DIV> <DIV>Looked under the hood, idle was fine. It felt as if the entire drive-train was coming loose. Continued on to the house with a shudder effect the rest of the way. Parked in driveway, crawled under truck, checked for loose driveshaft etc.</DIV> <DIV>Went in the house, made sure my triple AAA was up to snuff, in case of needing a tow in the morning.</DIV> <DIV>The next morning, set off for work expecting the worst.</DIV> <DIV>Nothing, nada, zilch. Dropped it off at the dealer, with the above explanation. They put it on the lift, drove it etc. Nothing.</DIV> <DIV>No fault codes, no TSB's were found.</DIV> <DIV>Any other Cummins owners experienced ANYTHING like this?</DIV> <DIV>Thanks</DIV> <DIV><BR><BR>Joe </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
I had the Chrys 9 1/4 with lim-slip. It would shake when I was at any speed under 50mph. Took it to the Dodge dealer, they found the housing warped and proceded to replace bearings and re-shimm it (without letting me know the housing was warped until I picked it up- maybe I would have liked it replaced!). So the next day off to work, it would hum at speeds greater than 50mph.
Well that was the last straw.
Dodge and their dealers....no more for me.